RECIPE 1: CHOCOLATE DELIGHT (HCG DIET RECIPE)
It is up for debate whether you can eat this on phase 2 or not. But most articles I have read say this can actually help you release fat.
Please use care and pay attention to your results when eating this.
There is a lot of info out there so snoop around and make your own decision about chocolate delight.
I have been eating about 2 tbsp a day on and off while on phase 2 and I find that when I do, I have great releases (lbs). So, it works for me!
1 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
8 packets stevia, or the equivalent of liquid** about 12-15 drops
a splash of vanilla
*I use a little less then most recipes (usually a 1:1 ratio) I really like the results. PS- good quality coca is a must!!
** try different flavours like french vanilla, dark chocolate, raspberry, mint, English toffee, orange, etc along with clear/regular or add some grated orange zest for a change.
- Melt coconut oil, tip; it is easy to get out of jar using a ice cream scoop.
- Sift cocoa into the coconut oil, add stevia and vanilla
- Stir until completely dissolved. Lumps and residue make for bitter tasting bites, it is worth ensuring that it is completely incorporated.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of mixture in muffin liner papers and refrigerate until set. Put in the freezer if you are in a rush!
- Will last for months in the freezer, if you don’t eat them all!
RECIPE 2:MIRACLE NOODLES (BASIC PREPARATION)
These are truly a miracle to anyone who loves noodles and are on a low carb/ no carb diet.
They will help bulk up any dish and leave you feeling satisfied.
Best thing about these noodles is they have no carbs, no fat, next to no calories so, no impact on your diet!
There are a few tips to prepare these noodles for anyone who is not familiar.
They do have a different texture then regular pasta and might take a little getting used to. I find the key is to prepare them properly and use an amazing sauce or dressing to dress them up.
I have to warn you, when you open the package you will find they have a fishy smell to them- don’t worry! If you follow the steps below they will not taste that way at all!
This is always how I prepare them;
- Open package and drain completely.
- Rinse miracle noodles in cold water for a minute
- Boil in a pot of water for 5 minutes, drain.
- Add noodles to sauce or soup of your choice and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Another tip someone has shared is to soak the noodles after draining in some apple cider vinegar.
I suggest you try these if you are finding you just don’t feel full or satisfied after a typical HCG meal or even a low carb meal.
RECIPE 3: REAL LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN (HCG DIET RECIPE)
Lemon pepper seasoning mixes have sugar in them. Here is a simple recipe with even better flavour with the same classic combo, Lemon and Black pepper.
I love this served with spinach and swiss chard or kale would be amazing as well. Easy to steam in the same pan as the chicken.
200 g of chicken breast, left whole for the grill or cut into bite size pieces to saute in a pan
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 packet of stevia
a pinch of garlic powder and onion powder
freshly course ground black pepper
Greens- baby spinach, kale, swiss chard
- Marinate chicken with the rest of the ingredients for as long as you like up to 2 hours
- Grill, saute, broil chicken until cooked
- Serve with steamed greens. Prepare by removing chicken from pan and add fresh baby spinach, kale or swiss chard with a little chicken stock. Cook until wilted.
RECIPE 4:DILLY CRAB SALAD (HCG DIET RECIPE)
Simple, fresh, tasty and easy.
You can make this dressing and use it for any salad or even as a marinade.
100g real crab meat
1 lemon, juiced
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tbsp fresh dill
1 tsp grainy mustard
1-2 tbsp veg stock
1 packet of stevia
salt and pepper
- Mix together the dressing, toss crab in dressing
- Serve on greens of your choice drizzled with the dressing
RECIPE 5:BULGOGI BEEF AND KIMCHI SALAD (HCG DIET RECIPE)
A Korean favorite combo of mine.
These are not an extremely authentic recipes but they have the same tasty flavours of the traditional dishes.
This Kimchi recipe is more like a salad, then the traditional pickle. I still can’t tell the difference to my fave take out kimchi.
1/4 onion sliced thin- flavour, you don’t have to eat it
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
1/2 tsp of grated fresh ginger (optional)
2-3 tbsp wheat free/ carb free soy sauce, bragg’s aminos or tamari
a tiny squeeze of lemon
a pinch of red pepper flakes
a splash of water to make sure beef is completely covered
*You can use fast fry/ minute steak or eye of round cut extremely thin, easily done when partially frozen.
~~If you are on phase 3 use 1/2 tsp sesame oil in the marinade.
- marinate overnight in a re-sealable bag
- cook either on a hot grill (best for minute steak) or in a non-stick skillet. It should only take 5 minutes, you want it to brown a little bit but do not over cook.
1 small Napa (Chinese) cabbage, chopped in chunks
1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp sambal olek (garlic chilli paste)
1-2 tbsp ginger, grated
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp bragg’s, wheat free soy sauce or tamari
- Night before. In a colander placed inside a bowl layer cabbage liberally sprinkled with salt (don’t worry about the salt, you will rinse it after). This will draw out the moisture and wilt the cabbage a bit. Place in the fridge overnight.
- Mix the dressing the night before as well to allow the flavours to develop.
- In the morning, rinse cabbage and drain well.
- Mix with dressing and let sit for a few hours at least.
Perfect when served together, garnish with green onion.
RECIPE 6:KOOL-AID AND FRUITY TEA JELLO (HCG DIET RECIPE)
So, some say sugar free jello is a go, some say no.
If you make this you can play it safe by keeping with the types of sugar substitutes you are consuming.
Stevia is the only approved sugar sub to be used on HCG.
This recipe is just as simple as jello and similar in procedure.
I played around a bit but found that this was the best combo. If you want to make it more or less sweet just be cautious with the stevia and taste as you go.
I also tried using my favorite fruity tea flavours instead of koolaid for a more natural option but, it’s not for everybody.
And, to be honest I just love that neon green lemon-lime 🙂
All I did was brew the tea bags in the 2 cups of hot water before I bloomed the gelatine then followed the steps bellow. Sweet to taste, it doesn’t need as much stevia at all.
1/2 packet of kool-aid (the no sugar kind)
2 packages of Knox gelatine powder
4 cups of water (2 cups boiling, 2 cups cold)
8 packets of stevia
- Boil at least 2 cups of water.
- Use 1/2 cup of the boiling water to bloom the gelatine. To do this sprinkle the gelatine on top of the hot water in a bowl. Wait 5 minutes and stir until completely dissolved.
- Combine the rest of the hot water with the rest of the hot water and ingredients in another bowl, then add gelatine mixture.
- Stir until everything is completely dissolved, then add the 2 cups of cold water.
- Place in fridge to set. Should take a couple hours to become jello
RECIPE 7:PHASE 3 COFFE CUP MUFFUN (HCG DIET RECIPE)
I have seen this on many different low-carb recipe sites and forums and decided to make it for my guy a couple nights ago and he loved it!
If you know who the original creator of this delight please let me know so I can give credit.
Regardless who invented it, it is a great morning muffin, dessert or snack and I encourage any one to get creative with flavours. I put a couple suggestions at the bottom.
1/4 C ground flax seed meal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 packet stevia
1 tsp butter or coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- mix all dry ingredients in the coffee mug
- Add egg and butter and mix well
- microwave for 60 seconds
- 1/4 apple chopped small and cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (approx) blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp lemon zest (heat with butter) and 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- raisins with cinnamon, and a pinch of pumpkin spice
- 1 tbsp cocoa and a little ore stevia
- 1-2 tbsp sunflower seeds, roasted almonds, macadamias, pecans, (chopped) etc
RECIPE 8:SPAGHETTI AND MEAT SAUCE(HCG DIET RECIPE)
Yep, for real!
And it was so good, those miracle noodles saved me again!
I was craving some comfort food and what could better then Spaghetti and meat sauce.
Now, if you have never used miracle noodles you should know that they do have a different texture then pasta, but it is worth a try.
1 pkg of miracle noodles
200g ground extra lean beef
1/2 small onion (optional)
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 can of plum tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp Italian herb mix (mrs dash)
1 bay leaf
1 pkg stevia
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Rinse miracle noodles in cold water for a minute then boil in a pot for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet brown ground beef with onion until cooked and onions are soft. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Drain on a paper towel and put back in the pan adding the herbs and tomato paste. Cook for bit to release the flavours and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer for 10 mins at least. Traditionally I love when my meat sauce is simmered for hours. It all depends on you time.
- 5 mins before serving simmer the noodles in the sauce to let those noodles get infused with the flavours.
Tip: Use the sauce for a soup! Combine 2 cups of beef stock with 1 portion of sauce (1/2 recipe) you can add the noodles if you like but it’s not necessary. Great way to reinvent left overs.
RECIPE 9:GARLIC CHILLI SHRIMP ON LETTUCE (HCG DIET RECIPE)
Loaded with garlic and, a lil’ chilli, this asian inspired quick lunch is perfect hot or cold. I used a few green onions but I didn’t even need them. Next time I would leave them out (or even just 1 cut smaller) but, they did look pretty in the pic.
You can wrap these little gems in the leaves or just as a salad.
100g shrimp, peeled and cleaned
1/2 tsp bragg’s liquid aminos
2-3 cloves of garlic
(a chinese garlic chilli paste- check your fave for sugars!)
1/4 tsp fresh ginger
(garlic is the star but add more if you love ginger)
1 tsp rice wine vinegar or lemon juice
1/2 packet of stevia
1-3 green onion, chopped (optional)
lettuce or spinach
- In a non stick skillet on med high heat saute shrimp with green onions,
- After a minute add the rest of the ingredients and cook until the shrimp is pink and opaque- add water or stock if pan is to dry before it burns. You want enough liquid for dressing the salad
- serve on lettuce or spinach
RECIPE 10:SWEET APPLE CURRY SLAW (HCG DIET RECIPE)
Tangy, spicy, sweet…..
A different spin on coleslaw. A fantastic healthy recipe, loaded with fiber and nutrients, oh and of course flavour.
I love it with red cabbage but experiment with any variety.
3 cups of Cabbage, julienne cut or shredded
1 apple, julienne cut
1 green onion (optional)
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp vegetable or chicken broth (use water in a pinch)
1 packet stevia
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp of fresh ginger, grated
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl until well mixed
- Throw all the vegetables in the bowl and toss.
- Can be stored for a couple days in the fridge. Great with grilled chicken or fish
Recipe 11: HAPPY SPAGHETTI
100g of your choice of lean protein
2 green onions, diced with whites and greens separated
1 large tomato, chopped
1 tsp tomato paste
¼ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp dried basil
pinch of fennel
1 tsp red wine vinegar
½ pkg approved sweetener
½ tsp olive oil
1.) Rinse noodles in water for 1 minute. Submerge in boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain and set aside.
2.) Lightly oil a saucepan with olive oil. Saute onions until translucent and remove from pan. Cook your protein choice in the pan. Drain the meat on a paper towel.
3.) Deglaze the pan with vinegar. Add the tomatoes and cook until they begin to break down.
4.) Add spices, tomato paste, and sweetener. Bring to a simmer and add the cooked meat and onions.
5.) Add the noodles and heat through.